Thursday, August 13, 2009

Matt recalls the mock anti-tank gun and offers a classic quote.

A real 57mm Anti-tank gun. My mock-up was quite amazingly close to this in appearance.

In an email back to me, Matt discusses the mock antitank gun.

I thought we had a picture of it somewhere. I will check around my mother's house the next time I am there.

And I remember it very well. It had a hand crank and a large metal plate in the front. I always wondered what the new owners thought about it and how long it would have taken them to tear it down.

Everyone should grow up with simulated equipment from a heavy weapons platoon. It gives you a more well rounded education and an appreciation for the finer things in life.


I think I'm going to make a plaque out of that last statement. A noble sentiment. Noble.

1 comment:

Toaster 802 said...

Advice on child rearing from Sergeant Matthew Vanderboegh, United States Army.
...Everyone should grow up with simulated equipment from a heavy weapons platoon. It gives you a more well rounded education and an appreciation for the finer things in life...

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/

I had to post this on my blog, right under a picture of my son. Bank on the fact he will have his own simulated AT gun!

Thanks Mike!